Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gossamer Blue: Celebrate Grandma

My grandma celebrated her 90th birthday last fall. We had a huge party to celebrate her and so many family members and friends came to the party. The event may have been in the fall but I took advantage of some of the feminine embellishments (butterflies) in the April Gossamer Blue kits (yes, I am behind in sharing - May layouts coming soon!)


I added a few details to the butterflies by embellishing them with brads and buttons. I used the exclusive printables to showcase the photo of the potluck line.

 My go-to photo sizing when I create two page layout is to size several focal point photos to around 4×6 or 3×5. I then size other detail shots to 2×3. Because my photos were rather busy, I backed them with gray or black neutral patterned papers. I was able to draw out the colors in the photos with my embellishments.


Finally, for the title I cut a banner with a piece of the Plus One patterned paper and cut it to fit across both pages. The title went on the left-hand page and then I had room for journaling on the right-hand page.


Thanks for stopping by today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing layouts again! Wow, you have such an eye for details! Super fun with all the elements and great photo's! Happy sweet birthday to your Grandma! Looks like you all had a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs