Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scrapbook Circle: The Story of the Ketchup

Good morning! I know I don't usually post on Sundays but today I have a new layout to share with the Story Time kit at Scrapbook Circle. (I announced it on facebook but haven't had the chance to do so here but I'll be joining the team there for the next 6 months.) 

The Story Time kit was a great kit to dive into with its bright, happy colors to tell this story about how my grandma used to save ketchup packets. A little background - We used to tease grandma but she maintained this mantra, "You never know when you might need a little ketchup." Ha! When my husband and I went to Spain in 2004, I picked her up some Spanish ketchup packets as a little joke. My grandma passed away about 4 years ago and my aunt was going through some of her things and came across the packets. She had tucked them away and kept them all this time. When I saw the packets, it made me miss my grandma even more and her sentimental heart. Now to some people this might seem like a silly little story but it's a great memory I have of my grandma and I wanted to write about it.

  The_Story_of_the_Ketchup


The printable in this month's kit was a great spot to write a lot of journaling. 


I used a sheet of paper from the 6x6 paper pad in the add-on as the base to build from the photo and then tucked in little tags, patterned paper and stickers here and there. I love the exclusive pins in the kit this month! Such a great embellishment!

The_Story_of_the_Ketchup_details1

There are a lot of great exclusives in the kit this month! Be sure to pick one up! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Love the flair with the heart! And it's a great story to document, something that really helps you remember a person. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a sweet thing to scrap! And I love the contents of that kit - I need to get me one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the details & the story behind these tiny packets. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs