Monday, July 16, 2012

Webster's Pages: Serious Business

A couple weeks ago Webster's Pages had a warehouse box special deal that I just couldn't resist! I picked up a box for myself and then created this layout and little tutorial using the contents of the box for the Webster's Pages blog. Nora was very different from Lily when it came to blowing out the candles for their birthday. The girl was all business and very into singing "happy birthday." 
http://websterspages.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8354ebd2869e201761664f1c0970c-pi



Step One: Cut several strips of paper from the 6 x 6 Petite Papers in various thicknesses (1/2" to an 1"). I used papers from Celebrate, Sunday Picnic, and In Love, all found in the warehouse sale box.)

Warehouse_Tutorial_1_web


Step Two: Cut those strips to line the top and bottom of the layout and adhere.

Warehouse_Tutorial_2


Step Three: Lay out the title and more embellishments. I just loved the cut-out from the Celebrate paper and wanted to use that as a more central focus.

Warehouse_Tutorial3_web


Step Four: I wanted a little more texture so I matted the cut-out with vellum and distressed the edges.

Warehouse_Tutorial_4_web


Step Five: Add journaling. Here's a little tip: Write your journaling in pencil, then use a journaling pen and erase the pencil with a gum eraser. This keeps my journaling neat and clean on the page!
Warehouse_Tutorial_5_web

Here's a close-up of the details in my layout....

Serious_Business_details2_w


This was my first time using 6 x 6 papers on a 12 x 12 layout and it was pretty fun. I'll definitely do that again.

Thanks again for all the sweet messages and congratulations on the American Crafts team! I'm really excited to get started with them but you'll still get a month of Pebbles projects on my blog.

For the next couple of days, we are having a family reunion with my husband's family. I have more projects to share but it might be a little while before I pop on again.

Have a great day! It's going to be a hot one here! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have a bunch of 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads. I'm going to take your tips to use them on 12 x 12 layouts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs