Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Celebrate Sweet Sisters!

This month I was a guest designer for Shannon Tidwell's "Products You Love Every Which Way" class over at Two Peas. The theme for this month was stamping and when I heard that I thought "Yikes!" I'm not exactly an experienced stamper (although I have plenty of them). I am very selective on what I buy these days and one of the stamp sets I recently picked up was a doily set by My Mind's Eye. I knew that was the set I wanted to work with and set about creating a subtle stamped doily border. 

Among the things I love these days is watching the relationship between my girls develop. They are pretty affectionate with each other but what I love most is when they give affection without being prompted by mom and dad.  :) 

On this layout, I started with a "starter" background by Sassafras Lass and went from there. 


The "Celebrate" part of my title is a stamp from the Jubilee collection by The Girls' Paperie. 


I stamped half of the doily to highlight one of the photos. 


To bring out the grid on the background, I cut out squares from various patterned papers in the Jubilee collection. 


Here's another peek at the stamped doily border. I heat embossed a couple of the doilies, stamped the larger ones on kraft cardstock and cut them out. I accented the border with brads by My Mind's Eye, The Girls' Paperie and Melissa Frances pearls. 


Thanks again for all the sweet words about my Pebbles Inc. news! We're having a rainy day here so I'm not exactly sure what's on the agenda today. 

Back soon! :)


5 comments:

  1. This LO is adorable! I love the doily border sooooo much! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet! love the pics of the sisters. can't wait to "work" with you on the authentique team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout! Congrats on the new teams!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill ~ your stuff is always so sweet and this layout is no different. Those doilies are perfect! Congrats on your new teams! You must be SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs