Friday, June 03, 2011

The Meaning of Easter

I've had a fantastic year on the GCD Studios team and want to thank Heidi and crew for such a great experience! I'll definitely keep creating with all the new collections as GCD put out some of my favorites yet! I'm also so thankful to have met such wonderful and talented ladies who have been with me on the team for the past year! 

Heidi asked the design team to create a spring-themed project. We definitely partake in fun Easter traditions at our house - baskets, pretty dresses, the Easter bunny and egg hunts - but it is more important for us to teach our girls about the meaning of Easter. We celebrate because of the gift of eternal life we have through Jesus. We found a fantastic book that shares our reason for celebrating and plan to read it every year. 

For this layout, I used the new Soul Food collection by Melody Ross along with embellishments from the Homespun Chic collection. 


I had to punch a "happy" little butterfly to dot the "i" in my title. 



I used one of the transparency frames from Homespun Chic to highlight the photo. 


Have a fabulous weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout, makes me want to scrap!! If I get a chance this weekend I will lift a sketch from it (for my own use) - will credit you and let you know of course.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs