Monday, September 20, 2010

Melissa Frances: Grandma's Gowns

There's a very special story behind the layout I have to share with you today using the Vintage Posey collection by Melissa Frances. More than 50 years ago, my Grandma Kathryn made my mom a bunch of gowns when she was a baby. In 1981, I wore one of the gowns as a baby and am in the photo on the left with my grandma. 

Now, the ironic thing about this story is that my Grandma actually made two identical gowns with pink embroidery on them. My twins wore the gowns in 2009 and posed with my mom in the photo on the right. Isn't that crazy? That more than 50 years ago my grandma would make identical gowns and my twins would be able to wear them more than 50 years later????!!!! I love that this happened and I was able to scrapbook this connection for my girls. My grandma never got to meet her great-granddaughters but she knew they were on the way. I miss her sooooooo much and know she would have loved spending time with them. I often think about calling her and telling her what's going on in my life and then I remember that I can't. Grandma would have thought it was so neat that the girls were able to wear the gowns. 


Here's a close-up of my title. The alphabet stickers are Webster's Pages. All other products are Melissa Frances. 


A close-up of my journaling and embellishments...


That's all for today! Have a great Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I love traditions:)And I keep forgetting that we're really not that different in age!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs