Monday, June 28, 2010

What a week!

I have had a crazy week but more on that in a minute. I have a new layout to share for the white space challenge at the Noel Mignon Challenge Blog using the Sun-Kissed kit. We recently had some family photos taken by Justin Meyer (who does FABULOUS work) and he captured these of Glen with Lily. I kept my layout design fairly simple...for some reason, "white space" makes me think simple so I kept my embellishments and everything to a minimum. 


Here's a close-up of my layered flower....


And a close-up of the smaller photo and title....


This past week has been a very humbling experience for me. Last Sunday morning, I was getting ready to hop in the shower and barely bent over and started having shooting pain down my low back and legs. I was immediately immobile and tried to tough it out with Advil, ice and heat but by 11 p.m. that night, I could barely walk and was shaking so badly from the pain. I had called my mom earlier in the day to say that I might need some help taking care of my girls because I couldn't lift them so luckily she and my sister were both here so my husband could take me to the ER. I was given a great "cocktail" of pain medication and sent home with a diagnosis of sciatica. 

I spent the better part of last week resting and taking care of myself. I couldn't sit without significant pain so I spent a lot of time in bed. I went to the chiropractor every day and that helped me so much. And by yesterday, I finally started feeling like myself again and am no longer hobbling around my house like an 80-year-old woman! My week helped us make some decisions regarding my ability to exercise and I found a fabulous deal on a membership at a new gym. I have had pretty chronic issues with my back but if I take the time to work out and keep my back and neck strong, I don't have pain like I did last week creep up on me. We decided better to fork out the gym membership fees and make exercise a priority than have to spend lots of $$$ on doctor bills. We were fortunate my mom and sister are teachers so they could stay through Thursday to help me out since school is out for the summer. 

Anyway, to make a long story short I am playing major catch up this week on housework and scrapbooking projects and assignments so I might not have too much to share until later in the week. Have a fabulous Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs