Monday, June 14, 2010

Up the Street June kit

This month I had the honor of guest designing with Up the Street's June kit. I adored the contrast of soft and bold colors of this kit and had fun creating projects that highlighted both. The main kit itself is just gorgeous and I worked with the add-on as well because it had several products that I wanted to try. (The add-on is now sold out.) 


For this first layout, I got caught up on our anniversary album. I used Core'dinations cardstock and The Girls' Paperie patterned paper. I cut a section of lace from the Hambly transparency and brought out the gold further by painting the center of the Pink Paislee frame. The chipboard "6" is also Pink Paislee and the alphabet stickers are by Webster's Pages. I also used Prima flowers and leaves. 

Here's a closer look at my title. I love all the texture in that Pink Paislee frame. This was a rather simple layout for me but I love how it looks so detailed by the different patterns. 


Here's a card I created to send some encouragement to a friend. I used the Core'dinations cardstock again and cut the banner from patterned paper by The Girls' Paperie. I turned the banner into a sun and used mini alphabet stickers by Jenni Bowlin for the sentiment. The little red sequins are Prima flower centers. 



I have quite a few other projects to share with you this week using this kit so check back for more! We had a great weekend with a spontaneous trip back home for a family reunion. It was great to see family we only see about once a year or so. I have another full week of creating ahead of me which I am looking forward to!

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. in awe of your talent lady! you know i adore up the street and i reall7y LOVE what you have done with Tara's kit!!! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:20 AM

    BEAUTIFUL layout, and such a sunny card! Love your work (and your two little hunnies too!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs