Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Noel Mignon Challenge: Me, Myself & I

The challenge this week over at NoelMignon.com is to scrap how you got your name and the meaning behind it. I keep a running list of layouts I want to eventually scrap and I have had this particular topic on my list for awhile now. I wanted to scrap the girls' names and how we came up with them so I decided to participate in this challenge by scrapping the story of Nora Elizabeth's name. I used the absolutely beautiful "Seaside Cottage" kit from March to create my layout. This kit has been perfect for my baby photos. 




The patterned papers are Prima, SEI, and 7gypsies, cardstock is Jillibean Soup, and chipboard alphabet is Prima. I used a Hambly lace transparency and Hambly doily rub-on. I love the little SEI doily and Webster's Pages silhouette cameo. The stick pin, ribbon and striped fabric are also included in the kit. The Jenni Bowlin pink labels and mini alphabet stickers are from my stash. I used a lot of cream paint to shabby this layout up and my sewing machine for added texture.


Here's a close-up of my title block and you can see how I used the fabric as a little curtain for my photos by stitching and gathering the fabric on my sewing machine.

And here's a look at the gathered ribbon, doily and cameo. 



My journaling:
"We chose the name Nora because it was elegant and artsy. Nora means "woman of honor" and we hope you will follow this definition by keeping your eyes on God. You were named Elizabeth after me - your mother, and I was named after my great-grandmother's first name."

Much, much more to come from me this week! :)

1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs