Monday, May 03, 2010

GCD Studios Theme:: Soft and Pretty

This layout is featured in the GCD Studios newsletter....


For the month of April, the design team was given this beautiful collection of photos as our theme to work with. 








I used the Homespun Chic collection to scrapbook this photo of my twin daughters. My layout is all about how quickly my daughters are growing and changing. And what better to signify growth and change than a butterfly? I love the chipboard butterflies by GCD Studios as they come in a variety of sizes and shapes. I used the tiny flower from the ChipArt tool collection on my butterfly. Once the chipboard was dry, I painted it with light pink paint. I then mixed Mod Podge and brown paint and brushed that all over the butterfly. I took a slightly damp paper towel and wiped the paint mixture off the chipboard. The Mod Podge allows the paint to settle in the grooves of the debossed images on the chipboard, giving the entire piece an antiqued look. 






I also cut one of the transparency frames from the Homespun Chic collection in half and used part of it above the butterfly and part of it below my title. Finally to give my layout a "homespun" feel, I machine-stitched across my patterned paper and even over my chipboard title.




(Additional supplies used: Melissa Frances pearls, American Crafts chipboard alphabet).

My resulting layout is soft, girly and shabby!

Happy Spring!
Jill

2 comments:

  1. Jill this is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can one NOT smile when you see a photo like that and such a well designed layout?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs