Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Update

No new photos from me today but I'll share some work soon. I've been busy trying to take care of me the past few weeks. I finally got results back from my blood test and the doctor is suspecting Celiac Disease. For those who don't know what this is, it's an autoimmune disease that causes damage to your small intestine when you eat gluten. I will be having a biopsy of my small intestine to confirm this is what I have. CD can come on at any time in life and you can have it but not be showing symptoms. I've been having quite a bit of anxiety when I eat anything because I don't know if it will make me sick or not. It's also been difficult to make plans because I don't know how I will feel on any given day. I also managed to get strep throat last week but am feeling so much better now.

My sisters spent a couple nights at my house over the weekend. They're both poor college students so I hired them to help me deep clean my house in preparation for our home study that will be coming up soon. I got a lot done but still have a lot left to do. I honored my mom for mother's day last weekend so Sunday was pretty low-key for me. Mother's Day is actually a very painful day for me so I didn't go to church. There was a baby dedication at church which is really the main reason I didn't want to be there.

Well, I guess that's about it for now. We're getting super excited for our Florida trip in two weeks. I had to rearrange our travel plans a little bit and now we're staying in Orlando the first three nights and going to Disney World. Then we'll drive back to St. Petersburg and stay on the beach. I'm looking forward to lots of sun and relaxation. I have a bit of shopping to do before we go. I want to get a new swimsuit and I still need some shorts. :)

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sending you thoughts and prayers Jill. Hope everything turns out okay.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs