Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hello party people!

I think I'm finally starting to get a cold. I've been taking Zicam like it's going out of style, but I think a cold is going to break through. I woke up yesterday feeling crappy so I actually stayed in bed all morning. Today, I'm just plain tired with a twinge of a sore throat.

I actually got a lot accomplished this weekend. I cleaned out both cars on Saturday, got some pumpkins for the front of our house and put up some fall decorations. I usually do all my fall decorating right after Labor Day, but life has been too busy. I spent quite a bit of time working on a class for Rusty Pickle. Sunday was church and then we had the opportunity to participate in Life Chain, which is a silent rally against abortion. We stood on Merle Hay Road with members of our church holding signs that said "Adoption is the Loving Option." It was very, very powerful to be involved in something like this and really the first time I've taken a public stand about what I believe on this issue. I wish I would have had a camera to take photos of Glen and I together.

Now for some good news - I'll have lots of cards in 2008 issues of Crafts N' Things magazine! I'm super excited to work with this magazine because they just merged Paper Made Easy into this one. And, now for some bad news...I won't be teaching this weekend at the Midwest Scrapbooking Convention. The show numbers were too low for Rusty Pickle to be there. I'm planning on checking out the convention myself on Friday so that will be fun. But, if you are local and would like to take a class with me - I will be teaching November 3rd at the Get Inspired Scrapbook Expo. Just check out my links on the side.

Well, I best be getting busy. Have lots of work to do today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs